+ Q1. How does this work remotely?
It's actually pretty simple when you have an online business.
We connect your bank to the accounting software. When you get paid or buy something we can see that in the software and categorize it. Then we check your balance in the software against your bank, credit card, and PayPal statements to make sure we didn't miss anything.
+ Q2. Are you CPAs?
Nope, we aren't. Though we may hire one in the future.
You don't have to be a CPA to file taxes, but we have undergone an intensive training to learn how to file taxes properly. At tax time, we partner with an EA (certified with the IRS) to take a looksy over our returns to make sure it all looks right before filing.
p.s. We have plans of becoming EAs in the next year or two!
+ Q3. How long have you been in business?
The Smart Keep opened in August 2015.
+ Q4. How long do clients stay with you?
Well, we took on our first client in November 2015 and that client is with us today!
We like to build friendships and serve our clients to the best of our ability.
+ Q5. What if I don't like working with you?
We'd hate to see you go, but if it was during the first 30 days we'd give you a full refund.
Any other time, you would just let us know you want to discontinue service. We'll finish up the work you paid us for and transfer your accounting software to you.
+ Q6. What does the first few weeks look like?
It's different for everyone, but it's generally laid back the first few weeks.
- You'll sign the engagement letter.
- You'll pay your first month's invoice.
- We'll send you an invite to your new Trello board where we house the project management and communication for your account.
- You'll follow the steps on your welcome to do list in Trello.
- We begin work. This is mostly behind the scenes so you may not hear from us for a week or so until we have an update or question.